.

.

Friday, May 29, 2015

The Highest Pleasure of My Affection

by Roxanna 

Earthly Simple Pleasures I enjoy are
  • Steaming cup o' joe as soon as my feet hit the morning floor. "Morning Jesus, let's get some coffee."
  • Golden glow of the light in my shabby chic hutch as I head to the coffee pot
  • The fragrance of healing essential oils
  • A fire crackling (although in my little apartment, it is on a tv screen and the app did not come with a crackling sound)
  • Sneaking up to the back of the recliner and kissing my husband on his strong, wise, and bald head
  • Pandora turned on in my purse for the world to hear None But Jesus by Hillsong- especially the morning elevator ride
  • Sitting on my antique rocker, waiting. Asking for Jesus.
"No earthly pleasure is worth a defiled conscience." says Bob Sorge in his book, The Secrets of the Secret Place.
The following truths heighten my conscience at the same time they relieve it based on who He is, not my condition in the early morning hours.

  • The secret of being known since before I was conceived in my mother's womb.
  • Being fully received and embraced by Him, like a daughter to a daddy.
  • Quenching my early morning thirst with living water full of His power, nourishment, and peace
  • A hiding place that's portable. He goes with me everywhere I go and shows up as much as He is wanted.
He is my highest pursuit, my highest pleasure, and most satisfying affection. He is the only one worthy of asking for these things. No other person, place, thing, or pleasure can even come close.

I love you Jesus. I am crazy about you.






No comments:

Post a Comment