.

.

Monday, August 17, 2015

Threads of Grace

It's the thread of grace that holds our pearls. Yes, it's true that every place in your heart that the Father touches He leaves a pearl. But it is His grace that provides the thread on which your pearls can be secured.

Grace requires that I do this one thing: receive it and hang my life on it. In order to receive and hang my life on the grace of Christ, I must die to my self, tuck in to His presence, His light, His truth and His system of dependence. This grace system is not a grid of works, but one of freedom, joy, and Love provided through Christ's perfect work on the cross.

I know "trying harder" is a beast that's hard to die.

Someone misinterprets what you say. So try harder!
Not smart enough. So try harder!
Haven't had the energy. So try harder!
Didn't say it well. So try harder!
Someone didn't get better. So try harder!

All acts of the flesh trying to find some form of comfort in knowing we did all we could do.

"All that comforts the flesh weakens the Spirit." AW Tozer

So, about that grace. He loves me. He covers me. Forgives and Fills me. Leads me. Covers me.  Fills and Leads again. It's in the gap of realizing the depth of my capacity for insufficiency, in that moment of humanness and self- dependence, where grace waits for me to stop trying harder.  Yield. Let Go. Let Him.

But self dies hard and wants to prove something.

I have nothing on my own, therefore nothing to prove. Nothing to pull out. Nothing to hold onto- but everything grace.

Some call it sheer grace- although it's solid- not frail and thin like most would think of sheer as being, but mighty and sturdy and steady and sufficient to cover my flimsiness and prideful self-dependence. Your being able to see me, God, without wrath being unleashed against me- is grace. I remember what I am capable of without you.

The fact that you  provide this grace coverage is humbling and makes me think of Beauty and Real Love; reminds me of the frailty of life without this Real Love which would be so empty, limp, and tinny.

In Grace Alone. In Christ Alone, I pearl. What delight! 


No comments:

Post a Comment