.

.

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Perfect Imperfections

by Kim N.

Have you ever said things to yourself like,
"I am so stupid!"
"That was dumb!"
"Why can't I just DO this...I am so slow".

I have ...A LOT!

But I'm learning not to. I am learning to embrace my imperfections because I realized that God gave me imperfections and made me exactly the way He intended. I have a purpose and my imperfections have a purpose too. One of my imperfections is dyslexia.

I guarantee you that God was not creating me in my mom's womb laughing to himself and saying, "oh man...this will be funny. She will be clumsy have trouble in all her math classes and take twice as long than most people to finish her reading assignments. How entertaining!"

No. If I were to guess I'd say God was thinking something like this, "I will allow this imperfection because I know that one day Kim will find joy in the opportunity to depend on me more. I will allow this imperfection so that, through it, I can perfect her spirit. I will allow it so that one day while she is at work, frustrated and fumbling while trying to organize the materials in her hands and the agenda in her mind, she stops- and really begins to live, believing the fact that when she is weak, I am strong."

God has a plan and a purpose for me and my imperfections. As God's beloved daughter I am learning to rejoice in those perfect imperfections because they give me the honor of letting God's power and grace work in my life.

"My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9

1 comment: