.

.

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Endurance


The E in P E A R L is Endurance. A pearl's development process is an enduring one through years of resistance and irritation- and obviously takes place in a dark enclosed space- an oyster host. If we can learn to see our process like that of a pearl, we can learn to endure through surrendering imperfections and irritations to a perfect God. And on top of that- God is Father too!  So He does so with kindness, perfection, and our best interests in mind.
 
Is this real life?
 
We all want infomercials to be real, right? Am I the only one who longs for the miracle of Oxyclean doing my toughest laundry in under a minute like the time-lapse demonstration shows? Or facial cream that will tighten my slightly wrinkled face (emphasis on slightly) overnight. Am I the only one that longs for ...true confessions...a Snuggie? OK...the Snuggie is totally beside the point. (But I really do want one..)
 
Anyway, what I am getting at is that infomercial transformations like dirty clothes to clean clothes seem like miracles because they happen so fast. But they are not miracles. Most of those transformations can happen in real life...just not so quickly. Other infomercial transformations of deep wrinkles turning to flawless skin seem like miracles because they would be if they actually worked. But real life transformation, especially in the spiritual/soul department, doesn't work like infomercial transformations.
 
First, stuff doesn't happen instantly; Like my transformation from being an angry and bitter wife to a content and patient wife. Second, some stuff can't happen without divine intervention; Like my transformation from being an angry and bitter wife to a content and patient wife (More on that in future blogs). So, I guess I am thankful that I am not living an infomercial life where my spiritual transformation depends on the next trendy, man-made thing. I mean, how is a shamWOW going to help me begin to understand God's love and purpose in my life? And how is a Slapchop going to give me hope and endurance as I face the pain that transformation requires? Only my heavenly Father can do that..because He made real life. He is my creator and the creator of the world I live in. He knows exactly what my transformation requires...He planned it.
 
Romans 5:4-5 and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.
 
 
 


 Kim Newmyer is a songwriter and worship leader whose whole heart recently tapped into the deep love of Father God and the empowerment of Christ in her life.  She sings , mentors, and testifies of His abilifying nature in her daily life of being wife to a therapist, mother of two preschool daughters, and working full-time.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment