.

.

Saturday, August 22, 2015

Before Pearls I was.....

....... living a life of selfishness, impurity, jealousy, anger, un-forgiveness and rebellion against God, among others. When I looked in the mirror I hated what I saw, believing the lies in my head.

Feeling alone with my thoughts and most of all my feelings, I felt that no one has, will or ever will understand me.

Through my experience in Pearl Workshop I learned more about who I am in Christ and who He is. The most important letter in Pearl to me is L, which in Pearl Talk is Love. I have heard "Jesus loves you" my whole life but never really understood what it truly meant.

Everything that I felt and did in my past that made me feel broken and unwanted and misunderstood was in direct response to not knowing who He is. With this new knowledge, I am able to change the way I think, recognize the lies for what they are, and walk away from my chains and in to new freedom.

I didn't think that eight weeks could change my life but I can say with confidence that it has. I have finally surrendered my life to Christ and am taking up my cross daily to follow Him because of His beautiful sacrifice.

Tess- age 20

No comments:

Post a Comment